|Chad Kelly apologizes for behavior that led to dismissal|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:22 PM||
"I have apologized to the coaching staff for my behavior. I am disappointed in myself. I let down not only my coaches, and teammates, but also Clemson University and all of our fans. Most importantly, I've let down myself and my family."
"I have always been competitive to a fault, winning at all costs. I let my emotions get the best of me, culminating in this unfortunate situation with coach Swinney and the Clemson Tigers."
"What's important now is that I use this experience to grow as a student, as an athlete, and most importantly, as a man. Right now, I'm optimistic about the future. It's not going to be easy, but no matter what happens, I'll be a better person both on and off the field."
Kelly was dismissed from the football team on Monday for "conduct detrimental" to the football program. During the 2014 spring game, he was 10-18 passing for 113 yards, but threw two interceptions.
Last season, Kelly played in five games overall and was 10-17 passing for 58 yards. He added 16 rushes for 117 yards and a touchdown, including 56 yards on seven rushes at Virginia.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies