|Chad Kelly: "Everything happens for a reason"|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-06 10:36:27.0-||
In his first interview since his dismissal from Clemson, former Clemson quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile talked about leaving Clemson and his new school in an interview with a Buffalo, NY television station.
Kelly put a positive spin on the reason he left Clemson and said he is looking to the future.
"Just some butting heads kind of thing," Kelly said. "But everything happens for a reason. You can't really look back. You got to look forward and just think everything happens for a reason."
Kelly was asked why he picked East Mississippi Community College (Junior College) as his transfer school.
"First they won the national championship last year on the JUCO level," Kelly said. "The coaches and players I just felt like I have a good bond with them. Right when I went down there I just felt it was the right move so I did it."
After a year at JUCO, Kelly said there are a couple of opportunities that he has in mind for a future transfer.
Before the interview Kelly had just visited his Hall-of-Fame uncle, Jim Kelly, who is battling cancer. Kelly said his uncle was doing a lot better and appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury
- Photo: Deshaun Watson works out at SMU