|Chad Kelly: "Everything happens for a reason"|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:36 AM-||
In his first interview since his dismissal from Clemson, former Clemson quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile talked about leaving Clemson and his new school in an interview with a Buffalo, NY television station.
Kelly put a positive spin on the reason he left Clemson and said he is looking to the future.
"Just some butting heads kind of thing," Kelly said. "But everything happens for a reason. You can't really look back. You got to look forward and just think everything happens for a reason."
Kelly was asked why he picked East Mississippi Community College (Junior College) as his transfer school.
"First they won the national championship last year on the JUCO level," Kelly said. "The coaches and players I just felt like I have a good bond with them. Right when I went down there I just felt it was the right move so I did it."
After a year at JUCO, Kelly said there are a couple of opportunities that he has in mind for a future transfer.
Before the interview Kelly had just visited his Hall-of-Fame uncle, Jim Kelly, who is battling cancer. Kelly said his uncle was doing a lot better and appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson