|Catanzaro will be starting kicker for Cardinals|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, August 25, 2014 1:46 PM||
Former Clemson placekicker Chandler CatanzaroChandler Catanzaro
Punter / Kicker (2009 - 2013)
#39 6-2, 195
View Full Profile has made the Arizona Cardinals' team replacing veteran kicker Jay Keely who was cut on Monday.
Catanzaro will be the teams' starting kicker when they open the NFL season against the New York Giants. He has done a splendid job during preseason camp - no missed field goals (4) and has made all of his PAT's (4).
Other players that were cut by the Cardinals included - -- LB Keenan Clayton, LB JoJo Dickson, C Tom Draheim, WR Reggie Dunn, LB Derrell Johnson, S Orhian Johnson, WR Kevin Ozier, DT Justin Renfrow, CB Brandon Sermons and RB Damien Thigpen. Former Clemson wide receiver Jaron Brown was not cut.
Catanzaro AKA "Catman" signed a free agent contract with the Cardinals after the 2014 NFL draft. He set Clemson records for PATs made, field goals of 40+ yards (24) and consecutive field goals (20). His career totals were 67 out of 82 field goals and 203 out of 207 extra point attempts.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man