|Catanzaro will be starting kicker for Cardinals|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, August 25, 2014 1:46 PM-||
Former Clemson placekicker Chandler CatanzaroChandler Catanzaro
Punter / Kicker (2009 - 2013)
#39 6-2, 195
View Full Profile has made the Arizona Cardinals' team replacing veteran kicker Jay Keely who was cut on Monday.
Catanzaro will be the teams' starting kicker when they open the NFL season against the New York Giants. He has done a splendid job during preseason camp - no missed field goals (4) and has made all of his PAT's (4).
Other players that were cut by the Cardinals included - -- LB Keenan Clayton, LB JoJo Dickson, C Tom Draheim, WR Reggie Dunn, LB Derrell Johnson, S Orhian Johnson, WR Kevin Ozier, DT Justin Renfrow, CB Brandon Sermons and RB Damien Thigpen. Former Clemson wide receiver Jaron Brown was not cut.
Catanzaro AKA "Catman" signed a free agent contract with the Cardinals after the 2014 NFL draft. He set Clemson records for PATs made, field goals of 40+ yards (24) and consecutive field goals (20). His career totals were 67 out of 82 field goals and 203 out of 207 extra point attempts.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team