|Catanzaro will be starting kicker for Cardinals|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, August 25, 2014 1:46 PM-||
Former Clemson placekicker Chandler CatanzaroChandler Catanzaro
Punter / Kicker (2009 - 2013)
#39 6-2, 195
View Full Profile has made the Arizona Cardinals' team replacing veteran kicker Jay Keely who was cut on Monday.
Catanzaro will be the teams' starting kicker when they open the NFL season against the New York Giants. He has done a splendid job during preseason camp - no missed field goals (4) and has made all of his PAT's (4).
Other players that were cut by the Cardinals included - -- LB Keenan Clayton, LB JoJo Dickson, C Tom Draheim, WR Reggie Dunn, LB Derrell Johnson, S Orhian Johnson, WR Kevin Ozier, DT Justin Renfrow, CB Brandon Sermons and RB Damien Thigpen. Former Clemson wide receiver Jaron Brown was not cut.
Catanzaro AKA "Catman" signed a free agent contract with the Cardinals after the 2014 NFL draft. He set Clemson records for PATs made, field goals of 40+ yards (24) and consecutive field goals (20). His career totals were 67 out of 82 field goals and 203 out of 207 extra point attempts.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits