|Carlos Watkins update from Dabo Swinney|
|Senior Writer - 2013-09-22 17:49:28.0-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday evening that he had spoken to defensive tackle Carlos WatkinsCarlos Watkins
So. Defensive Tackle
#94 6-3, 300
View Full Profile, and that Watkins was fortunate he was ok after a car accident Saturday night that claimed the life of another person.
"We are very fortunate that Carlos Watkins is okay," Swinney said. "He was in a very serious car wreck last night. Fortunately he is okay. We expect him to probably be back here tomorrow."
Swinney said he talked to Watkins Sunday.
"I have talked to him. He thinks he is fine," he said. "The biggest thing is he was compressed in his chest area in the car for over 2 hours. He was doing pretty good this morning from an injury standpoint."
Swinney said the team will rally around the sophomore from North Carolina.
"We'll put our arms around him and help him get through this deal."
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer
- WATCH: Clemson's epic tribute video for Dabo Swinney
- First Look: Coca-Cola commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- Church sign quotes Dabo Swinney
- WATCH: Boulware's emotional speech at Clemson's Championship celebration
- Bryant: "I know I'm on my last chance"
- WATCH: Epic Clemson song "It's Natty time"