|Carlos Watkins update from Dabo Swinney|
|Senior Writer - 2013-09-22 17:49:28.0-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday evening that he had spoken to defensive tackle Carlos WatkinsCarlos Watkins
So. Defensive Tackle
#94 6-3, 300
View Full Profile, and that Watkins was fortunate he was ok after a car accident Saturday night that claimed the life of another person.
"We are very fortunate that Carlos Watkins is okay," Swinney said. "He was in a very serious car wreck last night. Fortunately he is okay. We expect him to probably be back here tomorrow."
Swinney said he talked to Watkins Sunday.
"I have talked to him. He thinks he is fine," he said. "The biggest thing is he was compressed in his chest area in the car for over 2 hours. He was doing pretty good this morning from an injury standpoint."
Swinney said the team will rally around the sophomore from North Carolina.
"We'll put our arms around him and help him get through this deal."
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo