|Carlos Watkins update from Dabo Swinney|
|Senior Writer - Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:49 PM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday evening that he had spoken to defensive tackle Carlos WatkinsCarlos Watkins
So. Defensive Tackle
#94 6-3, 300
View Full Profile, and that Watkins was fortunate he was ok after a car accident Saturday night that claimed the life of another person.
"We are very fortunate that Carlos Watkins is okay," Swinney said. "He was in a very serious car wreck last night. Fortunately he is okay. We expect him to probably be back here tomorrow."
Swinney said he talked to Watkins Sunday.
"I have talked to him. He thinks he is fine," he said. "The biggest thing is he was compressed in his chest area in the car for over 2 hours. He was doing pretty good this morning from an injury standpoint."
Swinney said the team will rally around the sophomore from North Carolina.
"We'll put our arms around him and help him get through this deal."
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson