|Carlos Watkins update from Dabo Swinney|
|Senior Writer - Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:49 PM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday evening that he had spoken to defensive tackle Carlos WatkinsCarlos Watkins
So. Defensive Tackle
#94 6-3, 300
View Full Profile, and that Watkins was fortunate he was ok after a car accident Saturday night that claimed the life of another person.
"We are very fortunate that Carlos Watkins is okay," Swinney said. "He was in a very serious car wreck last night. Fortunately he is okay. We expect him to probably be back here tomorrow."
Swinney said he talked to Watkins Sunday.
"I have talked to him. He thinks he is fine," he said. "The biggest thing is he was compressed in his chest area in the car for over 2 hours. He was doing pretty good this morning from an injury standpoint."
Swinney said the team will rally around the sophomore from North Carolina.
"We'll put our arms around him and help him get through this deal."
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND