|Canton acquires Sharrod Ford from Erie|
|Monday, February 13, 2012 10:39 PM-||
The Canton Charge announced today that they have acquired forward Sharrod FordSharrod Ford
#5 6-9, 223
View Full Profile (6-9, 225, Clemson) from the Erie BayHawks in exchange for forward Frank Hassell. Ford was dealt after Erie claimed him on Monday with their waiver preference position.
Ford, 29, was most recently with Sutor Montegranaro of the Italian League in 2010-2011 where he played in 30 games and averaged 15.8 points, 10.4 rebounds 2.3 blocks and 1.6 steals in 31.7 minutes per game. In the prior season with Carife Ferrara of the Italian League, he played in 17 games and averaged 16.6 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3.1 blocks and 2.1 steals in 29.6 minutes a game. Ford saw action in three games with the Phoenix Suns in 2005-2006 before a 15-game stint with the Fayetteville Patriots of the D-League in which he averaged 13.0 points, 8.4 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 1.1 assists in 27.4 minutes per game.
He was a four-year letterman at Clemson University from 2001-2005 who earned third-team All-ACC and honorable mention ACC All-Defensive honors his senior season, as he played in 32 games and averaged 14.9 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 2.1 blocks and 0.8 steals in 28.8 minutes per game. In his career with the Tigers, Ford played in 118 games and averaged 9.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.5 blocks and 0.5 steals in 23.9 minutes per game.
Hassell saw action in 20 games with the Charge this season (two starts) and averaged 10.1 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 0.6 blocks in 23.2 minutes per game.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me