|C.J. Spiller named Bills' starting kick returner|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:10 AM||
The Buffalo Bills' depth chart was released earlier in the week and it has C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile as the starting kick returner for Week 1 of the NFL season.
In 2013, the Bills were very pedestrian in the return game (29th in KR average). Spiller has not returned a kick for the Bills since 2011.
The former Clemson standout spoke about getting the opportunity to return kicks again: “You want to make sure the carburetor doesn’t get too clogged up. We’re dusting things off and making sure we have everything tuned up. I hadn’t done it in a while so we just want to make sure that it’s still there. It’s like second nature because I’ve done it so much my whole career. It comes naturally to me.”
.@CJSPILLER on returning kicks: "I'm not worried about wear and tear on my body. I get massages. I'm young."— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) September 4, 2014
Bills' head coach Marrone talked about Spiller possibly getting injured returning kicks: “I look at it as how many guys have been injured returning the football compared to people injured with the ball being handed off to them,” said Marrone. “I don’t view it as much of a risk as some people would. I could understand why people could see that because of the distance and the way people are running down the field. But again I don’t look at it that way. As much as we can get our playmakers out there whether it be punt returns or kickoff returns we have to make sure we explore that.”
ICYMI Video: C.J. Spiller return TD vs Boston College in 2010.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"