|Byron Maxwell in the mix at CB|
|Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:27 AM-||
From the Seattle Times:
Byron MaxwellByron Maxwell
#36 6-1, 205
North Charleston, SC
View Full Profile looked pretty comfortable when the Seahawks tried him as a nickel linebacker during practice Tuesday. Apparently, looks can be deceiving.
"I don't feel comfortable," he said afterward, laughing.
Well, he did a pretty good job fooling everyone watching as he picked off a pass from starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during a drill, his second interception in the portion of practice.
Maxwell is a rookie from Clemson that Seattle drafted in the sixth round. He is 6 feet 1, 207 pounds and he is a physical cornerback whose performance has earned him some attention.
"He's been really special the last two or three days now," coach Pete Carroll said. "It was about three days back when he started making things happen. He looks very competitive. He's tough, he's tackled well, he's got a nose for the football, he's really bright, he's really picking it up and he's right in the mix of this with the young corners."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker