|Byron Maxwell in the mix at CB|
|Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:27 AM-||
From the Seattle Times:
Byron MaxwellByron Maxwell
#36 6-1, 205
North Charleston, SC
View Full Profile looked pretty comfortable when the Seahawks tried him as a nickel linebacker during practice Tuesday. Apparently, looks can be deceiving.
"I don't feel comfortable," he said afterward, laughing.
Well, he did a pretty good job fooling everyone watching as he picked off a pass from starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during a drill, his second interception in the portion of practice.
Maxwell is a rookie from Clemson that Seattle drafted in the sixth round. He is 6 feet 1, 207 pounds and he is a physical cornerback whose performance has earned him some attention.
"He's been really special the last two or three days now," coach Pete Carroll said. "It was about three days back when he started making things happen. He looks very competitive. He's tough, he's tackled well, he's got a nose for the football, he's really bright, he's really picking it up and he's right in the mix of this with the young corners."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game