|Byron Maxwell in the mix at CB|
|Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:27 AM-||
From the Seattle Times:
Byron MaxwellByron Maxwell
#36 6-1, 205
North Charleston, SC
View Full Profile looked pretty comfortable when the Seahawks tried him as a nickel linebacker during practice Tuesday. Apparently, looks can be deceiving.
"I don't feel comfortable," he said afterward, laughing.
Well, he did a pretty good job fooling everyone watching as he picked off a pass from starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during a drill, his second interception in the portion of practice.
Maxwell is a rookie from Clemson that Seattle drafted in the sixth round. He is 6 feet 1, 207 pounds and he is a physical cornerback whose performance has earned him some attention.
"He's been really special the last two or three days now," coach Pete Carroll said. "It was about three days back when he started making things happen. He looks very competitive. He's tough, he's tackled well, he's got a nose for the football, he's really bright, he's really picking it up and he's right in the mix of this with the young corners."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Gallman ranked in Athlon's Top 10 running backs of 2016