|Bryant selected in the 4th round by the Steelers|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-10 13:08:59.0-||
Clemson, SC -- Former Clemson wide receiver Martavis BryantMartavis Bryant
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#1 6-5, 200
Calhoun Falls, SC
View Full Profile was selected in the fourth round with the No. 118 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"Crazy wide receiver skill set," NFL Analyst Mick Mayock said on the NFL Network draft show. "First round talent but he is a one year wonder. He only has 61 career receptions and 42 of them were this year. He is almost 6-4. He is a 4.4 guy that jumps 39 inches....this guy has scary talent, but he also has some immaturity issues. So the reason a first round talent goes in the fourth round, for him is two fold, one are the immaturity issues and two it is only one year of production."
Last season, Bryant caught 42 passes for 828 yards and seven touchdowns including two touchdowns in Clemson's win in the Orange Bowl over Ohio State. He had 61 receptions for 1,354 yards and 13 touchdowns along with a 17-yard carry and 291 yards on 14 kickoff returns in 1,020 snaps over 37 games (13 starts) in his career. He is Clemson's all-time leader in yards per reception (22.2) and tied for 10th in receiving touchdowns.
With Sammy Watkins, who was drafted in the first round, and Bryant, Clemson for the first time since 1979 had at least 2 receivers taken in same draft. Jerry Butler, Dwight Clark, and Stan Rome went in 1979.
Steel Nation can't wait to get started??— Martavis Bryant (@ThaBestUNO) May 10, 2014
Martavis Bryant could be a steal. Very raw but is a size and speed combo you rarely see in the NFL. Should've gone late round 2 #Steelers— NFL Draft (@DraftRT) May 10, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney calls Colin Cowherd a fraud
- Photo: Hilarious Church sign after National Championship win
- WATCH: Swinney "Only God could do this"
- Photo: Hunter Renfrow on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
- WATCH: Alabama fan goes berzerk after final play
- Colin Cowherd responds to Swinney calling him a fraud
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer