|Browns GM: We came very close to picking Watkins|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, May 12, 2014 12:07 PM||
Cleveland GM Ray Farmer told Peter King of TheMMQB.com that the Browns came "very close" to selecting Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile with the fourth overall pick. Farmer instead elected to trade the pick to Buffalo and move down in the draft.
“We were very close to turning in the card," Farmer told King. "We very easily could have turned in the card with Sammy’s name on it.”
King asked Farmer if he would have any regrets if Watkins becomes the next Randy Moss, especially after his wide receiver Josh Gordon failed another drug test.
"Even if Sammy turns into Randy Moss, Justin Gilbert can be every bit as good as Patrick Peterson," Farmer said. "That's how much talent he has. And in the game today, I feel cornerbacks are as important as wide receivers, and maybe harder to find. So I have no regrets about it, no."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event