|Brooks says will be hard to keep Scott Pagano off the field this year|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:51 AM||
Speaking at Dabo Swinney's media golf even on Tuesday, Clemson defensive line coach Dan Brooks said he doesn't think that he can keep redshirt freshman defensive tackle Scott PaganoScott Pagano
RS Fr. Defensive Tackle
#56 6-4, 280
View Full Profile off the field this season.
"After last off-season, I didn't think we were going to be able to keep him off the field and then he got hurt," Brooks said. "He wasn't able to do any football activity until week eight or nine, so there was no sense in playing him at that time. He had a really good spring, and I'm not sure that we can keep him off the field this year. He isn't going to take a backseat to anyone."
The Tigers are loaded with experienced talent on the defensive line, and Pagano was not listed on the post-spring depth chart, but it appears he could be headed for a breakout season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI