|Brooks says will be hard to keep Scott Pagano off the field this year|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:51 AM||
Speaking at Dabo Swinney's media golf even on Tuesday, Clemson defensive line coach Dan Brooks said he doesn't think that he can keep redshirt freshman defensive tackle Scott PaganoScott Pagano
RS Fr. Defensive Tackle
#56 6-4, 280
View Full Profile off the field this season.
"After last off-season, I didn't think we were going to be able to keep him off the field and then he got hurt," Brooks said. "He wasn't able to do any football activity until week eight or nine, so there was no sense in playing him at that time. He had a really good spring, and I'm not sure that we can keep him off the field this year. He isn't going to take a backseat to anyone."
The Tigers are loaded with experienced talent on the defensive line, and Pagano was not listed on the post-spring depth chart, but it appears he could be headed for a breakout season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson flag flies over US/NATO headquarters in Afghanistan
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- WATCH: Time lapse of LJC Demolition Efforts
- Isaiah Battle prepares for his NFL pro day
- 6 Tigers included in Athlon's Preseason All-Sophomore and All-Rookie Team