|Brooks says will be hard to keep Scott Pagano off the field this year|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:51 AM-||
Speaking at Dabo Swinney's media golf even on Tuesday, Clemson defensive line coach Dan Brooks said he doesn't think that he can keep redshirt freshman defensive tackle Scott PaganoScott Pagano
RS Fr. Defensive Tackle
#56 6-4, 280
View Full Profile off the field this season.
"After last off-season, I didn't think we were going to be able to keep him off the field and then he got hurt," Brooks said. "He wasn't able to do any football activity until week eight or nine, so there was no sense in playing him at that time. He had a really good spring, and I'm not sure that we can keep him off the field this year. He isn't going to take a backseat to anyone."
The Tigers are loaded with experienced talent on the defensive line, and Pagano was not listed on the post-spring depth chart, but it appears he could be headed for a breakout season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Doeren tries to clarify his comments on knocking Gallman out of the game