|Brooks Center ranked #8 University Performing Arts Center|
|Press Release - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:21 PM||
CLEMSON – Clemson University’s Brooks Center for the Performing Arts is No. 8 on the list of the “25 Most Amazing University Performing Arts Centers” ranked by bestvalueschools.com.
“With over 90,000 square feet of performance space and a 1,000-seat theater, the center is also the home of a Black Box Theatre and a recital hall,” the website says. “With modern lighting and a state-of-the-art sound system, the facility boasts nearly 75 productions yearly including Broadway productions of ‘Hairspray’ and ‘Avenue Q.’
“The Lillian and Robert Utsey Music Series has offered nearly 135 free performance in 28 years, and students are given opportunities to work with artists through various workshops, including Dr. Paul Buyer’s Steel Drum Workshop,” it says.
“This is great news for the Brooks Center,” said its director, Lillian U. Harder. “So much of what we have accomplished is due to the loyal patrons who believe in the importance of the arts and the hard work of our faculty, students, staff and crew. This accolade belongs to everyone who supports the arts in Clemson.”
Dean Richard Goodstein of the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities echoed these sentiments.
“Clemson’s formula for success with the Brooks Center is straightforward; we put our students first, always,” he said. “We give them the venues, the mentoring and the tools to explore and develop their art, the time and tolerance to test their limits, and the warm support of an engaged community. In return, they’ve opened our eyes, lifted our spirits and brought us to our feet. We’re at No. 8 because of our students, and we never forget that.”
The 2014-2015 season will mark the Brooks Center’s 21st year.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Clemson HOFer hired by the Cardinals