|Breeland will miss bowl game|
|Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:08 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney announced after practice that defensive back Bashaud Breeland will not play in the Chick-fil-A Bowl against LSU due to injury. Breeland has been limited by a groin injury that bothered him over the second half of the season.
Breeland is scheduled to have surgery on Thursday.
“He had practiced some this month with the hope of getting him ready to play against LSU, but it is apparent he will not be well enough to play in the Chick-fil-A Bowl,” said Swinney.
Breeland started five of the first seven games and had 30 tackles in those games. He played in just three of the last five and had just two tackles in 52 snaps. He played in 10 games and had five starts overall. He also had 2.5 tackles for loss, three passes broken up and a sack.
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs