|Boyd gives advice after 'Dak Prescott incident'|
|Assoc. Editor - 2015-03-12 11:56:14.0-||
Former Clemson signal-caller and current Pittsburgh Steeler Tajh Boyd was interviewed by SBNation.com after he saw footage of a fight involving Mississippi star quarterback Dak Prescott during spring break after a Waka Flocka concert in Panama City, FL.
Prescott got kicked, punched and nailed with a bottle to the head outside a concert according to several eye-witnesses. Two other Mississippi State football players - Torrey Dale and Damian Williams were also allegedly jumped.
Boyd shined some light on how student-athletes should try to be very careful on where they hang out at and what social settings they put themselves into. They could possibly be a target for people (inebriated mostly) that want to say they had an altercation with a famous athlete.
"You can't be normal. You just can't do it. I just wanted to be a normal kid when I first started in school, but deep down you know it's already over," Boyd said. "Whether you’re a freshmen or a senior, you’re already treated as a professional, not a college student. I never went on spring break. Me and a few guys would stay near school and just hang out."
"I never went to Panama City or Miami or Key West," Boyd said. "Trust me, I really wanted to, but we knew back then that [athletes] were starting to get targeted. For anything, everything. You name it. Dak got a chance to witness it firsthand, being targeted, because he’s the guy at Mississippi State. When you think of that program in the last 10 years, you only think of one guy."
"And so his life is 'Hey, that's Dak Prescott. Watch this.'"
Thanks for all the Concerns and Prayers! I'm okay and ready to get back to Starkville. Ignorance happens! Be safe on Spring Break!— Dak Prescott (@15_DakP) March 10, 2015
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney calls Colin Cowherd a fraud
- Photo: Hilarious Church sign after National Championship win
- WATCH: Swinney "Only God could do this"
- Photo: Hunter Renfrow on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
- WATCH: Alabama fan goes berzerk after final play
- Colin Cowherd responds to Swinney calling him a fraud
- Clemson RB to transfer
- WATCH: Did the refs miss two targeting calls on Alabama?