|Bowers, Watkins, Spiller ranked in ESPN's Top 20|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:58 PM||
Former Clemson stars Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile, Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile, and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile were ranked in ESPN's Ultimate 300 Top 50 Players.
The rankings (8 years of players) were based on both the prospect's grade and projection out of high school with their actual college impact and production.
Bowers was ranked #12 overall, Watkins ranked #14 overall, and Spiller ranked #20 overall.
RecruitingNation scouting report: This kid is a really good football player. Watkins is a lean, sleak wide receiver with good height and exceptional foot quickness. He is fast, quick and very heady. Has terrific awareness as a route runner and football player. His feet move so rapidly that he looks faster than he actually is, but he has more than enough speed to threaten deep at the next level. Bolts off the line of scrimmage and gets onto the defender quickly.
College accolades: Two-time All-American. Two-time, first-team All-ACC. Career statistics (3 years): 240 rec, 3,391 yards, 27 rec TDs, 1,376 KO ret yards
Clemson has been blessed with some ELITE talent… Including 3 of the Top 20 players in CFB over the last 8 years http://t.co/5WWFDBsDur— Coach Jeff Scott (@coach_jeffscott) January 29, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets