|Bowers: Schiano "got to me mentally"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:31 AM||
Former Clemson standout Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been opened up to the media recently about his past with former head coach Greg Schiano and the difficulties the two had working together.
"I let other reasons get to me mentally," said Bowers to the media. "It was Schiano. He got to me mentally, and I couldn't bounce back for some reason. I blame myself though. I couldn't push through it mentally. It taught me something and I'm a better person and a better player because of that."
Bowers also went on to say that it is time for him to step up for the Bucs. "It's time to shine. I've been mediocre my whole life here. It's time for me to take that spotlight and just play to the best of my ability and stop selling myself short and this organization short."
A fresh start with new head football coach Lovie Smith running the helm for the Buccaneers might be just what the doctor ordered for Bowers' pro career.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels