|Bowers: Schiano "got to me mentally"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:31 AM||
Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been opened up to the media recently about his past with former head coach Greg Schiano and the difficulties the two had working together.
"I let other reasons get to me mentally," said Bowers to the media. "It was Schiano. He got to me mentally, and I couldn't bounce back for some reason. I blame myself though. I couldn't push through it mentally. It taught me something and I'm a better person and a better player because of that."
Bowers also went on to say that it is time for him to step up for the Bucs. "It's time to shine. I've been mediocre my whole life here. It's time for me to take that spotlight and just play to the best of my ability and stop selling myself short and this organization short."
A fresh start with new head football coach Lovie Smith running the helm for the Buccaneers might be just what the doctor ordered for Bowers' pro career.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement