|Bowers: Schiano "got to me mentally"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:31 AM||
Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been opened up to the media recently about his past with former head coach Greg Schiano and the difficulties the two had working together.
"I let other reasons get to me mentally," said Bowers to the media. "It was Schiano. He got to me mentally, and I couldn't bounce back for some reason. I blame myself though. I couldn't push through it mentally. It taught me something and I'm a better person and a better player because of that."
Bowers also went on to say that it is time for him to step up for the Bucs. "It's time to shine. I've been mediocre my whole life here. It's time for me to take that spotlight and just play to the best of my ability and stop selling myself short and this organization short."
A fresh start with new head football coach Lovie Smith running the helm for the Buccaneers might be just what the doctor ordered for Bowers' pro career.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic