|Bowers: Schiano "got to me mentally"|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:31 AM-||
Former Clemson standout Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been opened up to the media recently about his past with former head coach Greg Schiano and the difficulties the two had working together.
"I let other reasons get to me mentally," said Bowers to the media. "It was Schiano. He got to me mentally, and I couldn't bounce back for some reason. I blame myself though. I couldn't push through it mentally. It taught me something and I'm a better person and a better player because of that."
Bowers also went on to say that it is time for him to step up for the Bucs. "It's time to shine. I've been mediocre my whole life here. It's time for me to take that spotlight and just play to the best of my ability and stop selling myself short and this organization short."
A fresh start with new head football coach Lovie Smith running the helm for the Buccaneers might be just what the doctor ordered for Bowers' pro career.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Beer wins National Player of the Year award
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- Jeff Scott tweets out tour of new football complex
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game