|Bowers, Adams ranked in top 7 All-time in BCS Era|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-01-29 09:37:38.0-||
Athlon Sports has former Clemson DE Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile ranked as the #4 ACC defensive end all-time in the BCS Era. Also, former Clemson great Gaines AdamsGaines Adams
# 6-5, 260
View Full Profile came in at #7 on the list.
The No. 1 prospect in the nation battled a knee injury during his sophomore year but still posted 58 tackles — including 11 in the ACC Championship Game win over Georgia Tech — 10.5 tackles for a loss and three sacks. However, Bowers exploded as a senior by leading the nation in tackles for a loss (26.0) and sacks (15.5) to go with his 67 total tackles. Those 15.5 sacks were sixth all-time in ACC history. Bowers was the ACC Defensive Player of the Year, a unanimous first-team All-American and claimed both the Nagurski Trophy and the Hendricks Award. More knee issues cost him on draft day as he slipped to the end of the second round where Tampa Bay selected him with the 51st overall pick.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game