|Booker named Third-Team All-ACC|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, March 11, 2013 1:29 PM||
Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile was named third-team All-ACC as announced Monday by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA). With Booker’s selection, it gave the Tiger program at least one All-ACC player for the fifth season over the last six seasons.
Booker led the Tigers in scoring during the regular season at 13.2 points per game. He led Clemson and was fourth in the ACC in overall field goal percentage (.546). In conference games, Booker was second among all players in offensive rebounds per game (3.3), sixth in rebounds per game (7.8), eighth in blocked shots per game (1.3) and 12th in points per game (14.4).
The 6-foot-8 native of Whitmire, SC enters this week’s ACC Tournament with career totals of 1,143 points and 725 rebounds. He is one of only 12 players in school history with at least 1,100 points and 700 rebounds. He ranks 10th in Clemson history in career rebounds and is 29th in scoring.
With Monday’s selection, Booker joins his older brother, Trevor, as an All-ACC performer. Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile earned second-team honors in 2009 and first-team status in 2010. The two are the first set of brothers in the conference to both be named All-ACC since Jeff and Jason Capel earned the honors for Duke and North Carolina in 1996 and 2001, respectively.
ALL-ACC FIRST TEAM Mason Plumlee Duke Erick Green Virginia Tech Shane Larkin Miami Joe Harris Virginia Richard Howell NC State ALL-ACC SECOND TEAM Seth Curry Duke Kenny Kadji Miami Lorenzo Brown NC State Reggie Bullock North Carolina James Michael McAdoo North Carolina ALL-ACC THIRD TEAM Michael Snaer Florida State C.J. Leslie NC State Ryan Anderson Boston College Quinn Cook Duke Devin Booker Clemson Akil Mitchell Virginia
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach