|Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-24 18:12:25.0-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile has been sidelined with a rib injury and missed Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. He might also miss Thursday's game against the Detroit Lions.
“I’m fine, I could go out there and practice if I need to,” Watkins said earlier in the week after practice. “But the thing is doing it without pain, but I could play a full game right now. It’s just being safe.”
Bills' head coach Doug Marrone did not appreciate Watkins talking to the media about his preseason injury.
“I told Sammy that you can’t talk about injuries,” Marrone said after the game (Saturday). “That’s what gets you in a bind and it doesn’t make us look good when you start saying those things. The doctor, at the end of the day, said he couldn’t play.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game