|Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:12 PM-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile has been sidelined with a rib injury and missed Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. He might also miss Thursday's game against the Detroit Lions.
“I’m fine, I could go out there and practice if I need to,” Watkins said earlier in the week after practice. “But the thing is doing it without pain, but I could play a full game right now. It’s just being safe.”
Bills' head coach Doug Marrone did not appreciate Watkins talking to the media about his preseason injury.
“I told Sammy that you can’t talk about injuries,” Marrone said after the game (Saturday). “That’s what gets you in a bind and it doesn’t make us look good when you start saying those things. The doctor, at the end of the day, said he couldn’t play.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson