|Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:12 PM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile has been sidelined with a rib injury and missed Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. He might also miss Thursday's game against the Detroit Lions.
“I’m fine, I could go out there and practice if I need to,” Watkins said earlier in the week after practice. “But the thing is doing it without pain, but I could play a full game right now. It’s just being safe.”
Bills' head coach Doug Marrone did not appreciate Watkins talking to the media about his preseason injury.
“I told Sammy that you can’t talk about injuries,” Marrone said after the game (Saturday). “That’s what gets you in a bind and it doesn’t make us look good when you start saying those things. The doctor, at the end of the day, said he couldn’t play.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin