|Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:12 PM-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile has been sidelined with a rib injury and missed Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. He might also miss Thursday's game against the Detroit Lions.
“I’m fine, I could go out there and practice if I need to,” Watkins said earlier in the week after practice. “But the thing is doing it without pain, but I could play a full game right now. It’s just being safe.”
Bills' head coach Doug Marrone did not appreciate Watkins talking to the media about his preseason injury.
“I told Sammy that you can’t talk about injuries,” Marrone said after the game (Saturday). “That’s what gets you in a bind and it doesn’t make us look good when you start saying those things. The doctor, at the end of the day, said he couldn’t play.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots