|Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 6:12 PM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile has been sidelined with a rib injury and missed Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. He might also miss Thursday's game against the Detroit Lions.
“I’m fine, I could go out there and practice if I need to,” Watkins said earlier in the week after practice. “But the thing is doing it without pain, but I could play a full game right now. It’s just being safe.”
Bills' head coach Doug Marrone did not appreciate Watkins talking to the media about his preseason injury.
“I told Sammy that you can’t talk about injuries,” Marrone said after the game (Saturday). “That’s what gets you in a bind and it doesn’t make us look good when you start saying those things. The doctor, at the end of the day, said he couldn’t play.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2015 Hype Video
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- TV Network Affiliates for Wofford at Clemson
- Tony Steward suffers knee injury against Steelers