|Bills GM discusses C.J. Spiller trade rumors|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:24 PM||
C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile has had his name mentioned in trade rumors by the media in the last few months.
Some of the speculation exists because Spiller is in his last year of his contract with the Bills and the team is deep at running back with the aforementioned Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon.
Bills General Manager Doug Whaley spoke to the media on Wednesday: “We have not been contacted by any team about CJ Spiller. These rumors are news to me. It’s exciting I guess to you guys because it gives you something to fill the newspaper with. Again, no one, I’ll tell you guys and you know I’m a straight shooter. We have not been contacted by any teams. I can probably see where people see our depth at running back and try to connect the dots with teams that don’t have depth, but, again, nobody has contacted us.”
Spiller talked about the trade rumors to the Buffalo News a week ago: "I have friends and family members that inform me on some of the things that are being said with the trade rumors. I'm not oblivious to that stuff. I'm not living on Mars or anything. I can't control what happens. My response to them is 'don't worry about it.' Once you start worrying about that type of stuff, you get off focus of what you're trying to do. Until anything happens, I'm excited to be with the Bills and hopefully I'll be around for this coming season."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Report: Former Clemson WR accepts job at App State
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- Clemson player selected by New York Red Bulls
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec