|Bills GM discusses C.J. Spiller trade rumors|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-13 17:24:33.0-||
Some of the speculation exists because Spiller is in his last year of his contract with the Bills and the team is deep at running back with the aforementioned Spiller, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon.
Bills General Manager Doug Whaley spoke to the media on Wednesday: “We have not been contacted by any team about CJ Spiller. These rumors are news to me. It’s exciting I guess to you guys because it gives you something to fill the newspaper with. Again, no one, I’ll tell you guys and you know I’m a straight shooter. We have not been contacted by any teams. I can probably see where people see our depth at running back and try to connect the dots with teams that don’t have depth, but, again, nobody has contacted us.”
Spiller talked about the trade rumors to the Buffalo News a week ago: "I have friends and family members that inform me on some of the things that are being said with the trade rumors. I'm not oblivious to that stuff. I'm not living on Mars or anything. I can't control what happens. My response to them is 'don't worry about it.' Once you start worrying about that type of stuff, you get off focus of what you're trying to do. Until anything happens, I'm excited to be with the Bills and hopefully I'll be around for this coming season."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State