|Clemson SS drafted by Mariners in 21st round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 3:11 PM||
Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 21st round (#621th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Tiger picked by the Mariners since Dominic Leone in 2012.
For the 2014 season, he batted .293 with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 1 home run, 29 RBIs, 19 walks and 8 steals.
He is a versatile player for the Tigers who has played third base, second base, first base and in the outfield in his career.
Clemson draftees through Round 24
Name Pos Year Team Round Overall Michael Chavis# INF HS Boston 1 26 Daniel Gossett RHP Jr. Oakland 2 65 Austin DeCarr# RHP HS New York (A) 3 91 Steve Wilkerson INF Sr. Baltimore 8 241 Matt Campbell R Sr. Los Angeles 9 279 Garrett Boulware C/OF Jr. Cincinnati 16 485 Jay Baum INF Jr. Seattle 21 621 Matthew Crownover LHP So. San Francisco 21 628 # Commit/Signee
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic