|Clemson SS drafted by Mariners in 21st round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 3:11 PM||
Clemson shortstop Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 21st round (#621th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Tiger picked by the Mariners since Dominic Leone in 2012.
For the 2014 season, he batted .293 with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 1 home run, 29 RBIs, 19 walks and 8 steals.
He is a versatile player for the Tigers who has played third base, second base, first base and in the outfield in his career.
Clemson draftees through Round 24
Name Pos Year Team Round Overall Michael Chavis# INF HS Boston 1 26 Daniel Gossett RHP Jr. Oakland 2 65 Austin DeCarr# RHP HS New York (A) 3 91 Steve Wilkerson INF Sr. Baltimore 8 241 Matt Campbell R Sr. Los Angeles 9 279 Garrett Boulware C/OF Jr. Cincinnati 16 485 Jay Baum INF Jr. Seattle 21 621 Matthew Crownover LHP So. San Francisco 21 628 # Commit/Signee
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story