|Clemson SS drafted by Mariners in 21st round|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, June 7, 2014 3:11 PM||
Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 21st round (#621th overall) of the 2014 MLB draft. He is the first Tiger picked by the Mariners since Dominic Leone in 2012.
For the 2014 season, he batted .293 with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 1 home run, 29 RBIs, 19 walks and 8 steals.
He is a versatile player for the Tigers who has played third base, second base, first base and in the outfield in his career.
Clemson draftees through Round 24
Name Pos Year Team Round Overall Michael Chavis# INF HS Boston 1 26 Daniel Gossett RHP Jr. Oakland 2 65 Austin DeCarr# RHP HS New York (A) 3 91 Steve Wilkerson INF Sr. Baltimore 8 241 Matt Campbell R Sr. Los Angeles 9 279 Garrett Boulware C/OF Jr. Cincinnati 16 485 Jay Baum INF Jr. Seattle 21 621 Matthew Crownover LHP So. San Francisco 21 628 # Commit/Signee
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"