|Baseball: Georgia Southern 14, Clemson 5|
|Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:26 PM-||
STATESBORO, GA. – Georgia Southern scored in six of the first seven innings to defeat No. 13 Clemson 14-5 at J.I. Clements Stadium Tuesday night. It was the first meeting between Georgia Southern (17-4) and Clemson (12-7) in Statesboro since 1995.
The Eagles, who took a 1-0 lead in the two-game, midweek series, scored three runs in the first inning and never looked back. Kody Adams and Aaron Mizell added two-run homers later in the game to highlight Georgia Southern’s 13-hit attack. Infielder Shane Kennedy made his first appearance of the season for the Tigers after missing the first 18 games due to a torn ACL suffered in the fall.
Ryan Frederick (2-0) earned the win by allowing one run on three hits in 3.0 innings pitched in a scheduled short start. Tiger starter Zack Erwin (1-1) suffered the loss.
The game was Jack Leggett’s 2,000th as a head coach in his 35th season. Clemson and Georgia Southern conclude the series Wednesday at 4 p.m.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND