|Baseball: Clemson 7 Wake 4 Final (Game 2)|
|Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:11 PM-||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The No. 14 Clemson Tigers totaled 14 hits en route to a 7-4 victory over Wake Forest at Wake Forest Baseball Park in the second game of a doubleheader Saturday. The Tigers (12-6, 5-1 ACC) swept the doubleheader and won the series 2-1 over the Demon Deacons (13-8, 3-3 ACC).
Clemson built a 5-0 lead, highlighted by Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s two-run homer in the top of the sixth inning, his first career long ball. The Demon Deacons rallied with four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning, then Clemson widened its lead with two runs in the seventh inning.
Starter Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (2-0) earned the win in 5.1 innings pitched. He gave up just three hits, four runs (three earned), and three walks with four strikeouts, while Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile recorded his third save of the season. Wake Forest starter Connor Kaden (1-2) suffered the loss.
The Tigers continue their road swing with a two-game, midweek series at Georgia Southern beginning Tuesday at 6 p.m.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Venables named nation's top recruiter
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party