|Baseball: Clemson 7 Wake 4 Final (Game 2)|
|Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:11 PM-||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The No. 14 Clemson Tigers totaled 14 hits en route to a 7-4 victory over Wake Forest at Wake Forest Baseball Park in the second game of a doubleheader Saturday. The Tigers (12-6, 5-1 ACC) swept the doubleheader and won the series 2-1 over the Demon Deacons (13-8, 3-3 ACC).
Clemson built a 5-0 lead, highlighted by Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s two-run homer in the top of the sixth inning, his first career long ball. The Demon Deacons rallied with four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning, then Clemson widened its lead with two runs in the seventh inning.
Starter Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (2-0) earned the win in 5.1 innings pitched. He gave up just three hits, four runs (three earned), and three walks with four strikeouts, while Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile recorded his third save of the season. Wake Forest starter Connor Kaden (1-2) suffered the loss.
The Tigers continue their road swing with a two-game, midweek series at Georgia Southern beginning Tuesday at 6 p.m.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Game time announced for Clemson-FSU
- Clemson drops in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Swinney updates injury status of Gallman and others
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- POTD: Ben Boulware Halloween Costume
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-NC State
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama