|Athlon lists Alexander as defensive player on the rise|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 27, 2014 10:23 AM||
Athlon Sports has released its 20 Defensive Players on the Rise for 2014 and Clemson defensive back MacKensie AlexanderMacKensie Alexander
RS Fr. Defensive Back
#2 5-11, 185
View Full Profile made the list.
Had Alexander not suffered a groin injury in fall camp, it’s likely he would have played a major role in Clemson’s secondary last season. Alexander ranked as the No. 30 recruit in the 2013 Athlon Consensus 100 and was widely considered one of the nation’s top freshmen on the defensive side. Although the groin injury prevented Alexander from getting involved last year, it allowed him extra time to learn the defense. The redshirt freshman is slated to crack the starting lineup for the opener against Georgia.
ICYMI: Here is a 2013 ESPN feature video on MacKensie Alexander and his hometown, Immokalee, Florida.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event