|Athlon lists Alexander as defensive player on the rise|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 27, 2014 10:23 AM||
20 Defensive Players on the Rise for 2014 and Clemson defensive back MacKensie AlexanderMacKensie Alexander
RS Fr. Defensive Back
#2 5-11, 185
View Full Profile made the list.
Had Alexander not suffered a groin injury in fall camp, it’s likely he would have played a major role in Clemson’s secondary last season. Alexander ranked as the No. 30 recruit in the 2013 Athlon Consensus 100 and was widely considered one of the nation’s top freshmen on the defensive side. Although the groin injury prevented Alexander from getting involved last year, it allowed him extra time to learn the defense. The redshirt freshman is slated to crack the starting lineup for the opener against Georgia.
ICYMI: Here is a 2013 ESPN feature video on MacKensie Alexander and his hometown, Immokalee, Florida.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains