|Athlon: 3 Clemson players listed as breakout candidates|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:03 AM||
According to Athlon Sports, they have named three 2013 breakout candidates on Clemson's football team.
The following players were listed: S Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
So. Defensive Back
#11 6-1, 190
View Full Profile, TE Jordan LeggettJordan Leggett
Fr. Tight End
#16 6-6, 235
View Full Profile, and WR Charone PeakeCharone Peake
Jr. Wide Receiver
#19 6-3, 200
View Full Profile.
The ACC doesn’t have many returning standouts at safety this year, so there’s an opportunity for players like Blanks to become a household name by the end of 2013. The Tallahassee native was regarded as a top-15 recruit by ESPN in the 2012 signing class, and the Clemson coaching staff wasted no time getting him on the field. Blanks played in 13 contests and recorded 51 tackles, seven pass breakups and one interception in 2012. He was named Clemson’s defensive player of the game against Ball State and recorded eight stops in the 49-37 loss to Florida State. With the Tigers entering their second season under coordinator Brent Venables, this unit expects to take a step forward in 2013 and should finish higher than seventh in the ACC in yards allowed. If Blanks builds off a strong freshman effort, he could be one of the conference’s top safeties in 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Mac Lain says Wilkins is "just amazing"