|Andre Ellington ranked #1 breakout prospect|
|Associate Editor - Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:13 PM-||
ESPN limited the rankings of the under-radar players to the following criteria - player was drafted third round or later, entered the NFL between 2011-2013, started five or fewer games, on their initial pro contract and age 26 or younger.
In 2013, Ellington had 118 carries for 652 yards (averaging 5.5 ypc)and 3 touchdowns.
Much like the similarly sized Jamaal Charles, Ellington is a great receiver as well as runner. He can catch passes out of the backfield, but can also be split out wide or used on bubble screens. Last season, he caught 39 passes for 371 yards, nearly 10 yards per catch with 22.3 percent DVOA. Ellington's not going to average 5.5 yards per carry every season, but he's definitely a potential star in the making.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll