|Andre Ellington ranked #1 breakout prospect|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:13 PM||
ESPN limited the rankings of the under-radar players to the following criteria - player was drafted third round or later, entered the NFL between 2011-2013, started five or fewer games, on their initial pro contract and age 26 or younger.
In 2013, Ellington had 118 carries for 652 yards (averaging 5.5 ypc)and 3 touchdowns.
Much like the similarly sized Jamaal Charles, Ellington is a great receiver as well as runner. He can catch passes out of the backfield, but can also be split out wide or used on bubble screens. Last season, he caught 39 passes for 371 yards, nearly 10 yards per catch with 22.3 percent DVOA. Ellington's not going to average 5.5 yards per carry every season, but he's definitely a potential star in the making.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- WATCH: Jaron Brown makes ridiculous catch against Chargers