|Andre Ellington ranked #1 breakout prospect|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:13 PM-||
ESPN limited the rankings of the under-radar players to the following criteria - player was drafted third round or later, entered the NFL between 2011-2013, started five or fewer games, on their initial pro contract and age 26 or younger.
In 2013, Ellington had 118 carries for 652 yards (averaging 5.5 ypc)and 3 touchdowns.
Much like the similarly sized Jamaal Charles, Ellington is a great receiver as well as runner. He can catch passes out of the backfield, but can also be split out wide or used on bubble screens. Last season, he caught 39 passes for 371 yards, nearly 10 yards per catch with 22.3 percent DVOA. Ellington's not going to average 5.5 yards per carry every season, but he's definitely a potential star in the making.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team