|Andre Ellington ranked #1 breakout prospect|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:13 PM||
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
Running Back (2008 - 2012)
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile was listed by ESPN Insider as the #1 NFL breakout prospect in 2014.
ESPN limited the rankings of the under-radar players to the following criteria - player was drafted third round or later, entered the NFL between 2011-2013, started five or fewer games, on their initial pro contract and age 26 or younger.
In 2013, Ellington had 118 carries for 652 yards (averaging 5.5 ypc)and 3 touchdowns.
Much like the similarly sized Jamaal Charles, Ellington is a great receiver as well as runner. He can catch passes out of the backfield, but can also be split out wide or used on bubble screens. Last season, he caught 39 passes for 371 yards, nearly 10 yards per catch with 22.3 percent DVOA. Ellington's not going to average 5.5 yards per carry every season, but he's definitely a potential star in the making.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley