|AJC: GT might auction tickets for Clemson game|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:22 AM-||
Georgia Tech officials have been discussing an auction-style sales format to maximize revenue for their 2014 Clemson home game.
It is their high profile ACC game on their schedule and will be played on November 15th.
“Instead of letting (ticket re-sellers) do that, why don’t we get into that business somehow, some way and capture that differential?” Bobinski said.
At a Tech Athletic Association board of trustees meeting in January, where the auction idea was presented, school president G.P. “Bud” Peterson had his own revenue-capturing suggestion for the Clemson game.
Said Peterson, “Charge ’em an extra 20 bucks if they wear that ugly purple and orange.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Vegas odds for Clemson-North Carolina
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team