|AJC: GT might auction tickets for Clemson game|
|Associate Editor - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:22 AM-||
Georgia Tech officials have been discussing an auction-style sales format to maximize revenue for their 2014 Clemson home game.
It is their high profile ACC game on their schedule and will be played on November 15th.
“Instead of letting (ticket re-sellers) do that, why don’t we get into that business somehow, some way and capture that differential?” Bobinski said.
At a Tech Athletic Association board of trustees meeting in January, where the auction idea was presented, school president G.P. “Bud” Peterson had his own revenue-capturing suggestion for the Clemson game.
Said Peterson, “Charge ’em an extra 20 bucks if they wear that ugly purple and orange.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll