|AJC: GT might auction tickets for Clemson game|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:22 AM||
Georgia Tech officials have been discussing an auction-style sales format to maximize revenue for their 2014 Clemson home game.
It is their high profile ACC game on their schedule and will be played on November 15th.
“Instead of letting (ticket re-sellers) do that, why don’t we get into that business somehow, some way and capture that differential?” Bobinski said.
At a Tech Athletic Association board of trustees meeting in January, where the auction idea was presented, school president G.P. “Bud” Peterson had his own revenue-capturing suggestion for the Clemson game.
Said Peterson, “Charge ’em an extra 20 bucks if they wear that ugly purple and orange.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels