|ACC will test a 30-second shot clock in basketball|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:54 AM-||
The ACC has decided to experiment and test a 30-second shot clock for exhibition games for the upcoming 2014-2015 basketball season.
The ACC is out in front on this and it will be interesting to see if more conferences experiment with this idea. This will allow possibly for a faster paced game and more action for fans.
ACC Commissioner John Swofford said during the ACC meetings that “College basketball needs to take closer look at this (shorter shot clock)."
Another interesting note was that Swofford was asked the earliest that an ACC Network could be started and Swofford replied, "Several years."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama