|Will Dabo Swinney win ACC Coach of the Year?|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:31 AM-||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top four ACC head coaches that might win the upcoming coach of the year for the conference. The following coaches were included - Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile, Jimbo Fisher, Larry Fedora and Paul Chryst.
So often, this award goes to the coach who does more with less. And while no one would suggest that Clemson does not have a talented roster, the fact is that the Discover Orange Bowl winners lose their top skill players from last year in quarterback Tajh Boyd and receiver Sammy Watkins, among others. Fair or not, outside expectations for Clemson aren't what they were going into 2013. The Tigers also face a brutally tough schedule early on, so if Swinney can have this group competing for the ACC title, he is sure to receive a lot of credit for keeping his program at an elite level.
Swinney is currently in 2nd place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll with 29% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Gallman ranked in Athlon's Top 10 running backs of 2016