|USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:56 PM-||
USA Today released its 10 college football coaches poised to emerge as hot hires and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables made the list.
Shockingly, Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris was left off the list of potential hires. Also, no other coaches from the ACC were included besides Venables.
7. Brent Venables, Clemson defensive coordinator: The conventional wisdom is that Chad Morris, Clemson's offensive coordinator, will be next in line off Dabo Swinney's staff to get a head coaching job. But Morris makes $1.3 million a year and unless he just gets impatient, he can be extremely picky about what job he takes — and it might take a couple more years for the right job to open up. Venables also is in a great situation, but this is the season people nationally will notice what a great job he's done rebuilding the Tigers' defense.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama