|USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-27 18:56:01.0-||
USA Today released its 10 college football coaches poised to emerge as hot hires and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables made the list.
Shockingly, Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris was left off the list of potential hires. Also, no other coaches from the ACC were included besides Venables.
7. Brent Venables, Clemson defensive coordinator: The conventional wisdom is that Chad Morris, Clemson's offensive coordinator, will be next in line off Dabo Swinney's staff to get a head coaching job. But Morris makes $1.3 million a year and unless he just gets impatient, he can be extremely picky about what job he takes — and it might take a couple more years for the right job to open up. Venables also is in a great situation, but this is the season people nationally will notice what a great job he's done rebuilding the Tigers' defense.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State