|USA Today lists Brent Venables as a potential hot hire|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:56 PM-||
USA Today released its 10 college football coaches poised to emerge as hot hires and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables made the list.
Shockingly, Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris was left off the list of potential hires. Also, no other coaches from the ACC were included besides Venables.
7. Brent Venables, Clemson defensive coordinator: The conventional wisdom is that Chad Morris, Clemson's offensive coordinator, will be next in line off Dabo Swinney's staff to get a head coaching job. But Morris makes $1.3 million a year and unless he just gets impatient, he can be extremely picky about what job he takes — and it might take a couple more years for the right job to open up. Venables also is in a great situation, but this is the season people nationally will notice what a great job he's done rebuilding the Tigers' defense.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game