|Swinney and Spurrier together at Charity Event|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-07-31 07:12:09.0-||
Clemson head football coach Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and rival South Carolina head football coach Steve Spurrier attended the fifth annual charity event on Wednesday night called 'Carolina Coaches for Charity'. The charity raises money to send youths to FCA summer camps and other charitable endeavors.
Other head football coaches that were in attendance included Mike Ayers, Buddy Pough, Mike Houston and Bruce Fowler.
Nice moment between Steve Spurrier and Dabo Swinney tonight at SOUTH CAROLINA COACHES FOR CHARITY. pic.twitter.com/ljMEOCe3uX— COACHING CHARITIES™ (@CoachCharities) July 31, 2014
Spurrier said at the event: "I’ve been bragging on you guys (Clemson), I really have. "The better they do, when we beat them, it makes us look better. You don’t want to beat somebody with a bad record."
Swinney answered back to Spurrier comments saying that he played against Spurrier when he was in college. "I had a chance to sack his punter in the SEC Championship Game," Swinney said. "He probably don’t remember that. But we’re going to keep trying to win, and hopefully we can get this thing turned the other way. He’s whupped us on the field, and now I come here and he’s trying to get my wife to weigh in on it, too. I’m going to draw the line in the sand right there."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State