|Swinney and Spurrier together at Charity Event|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-07-31 07:12:09.0-||
Clemson head football coach Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile and rival South Carolina head football coach Steve Spurrier attended the fifth annual charity event on Wednesday night called 'Carolina Coaches for Charity'. The charity raises money to send youths to FCA summer camps and other charitable endeavors.
Other head football coaches that were in attendance included Mike Ayers, Buddy Pough, Mike Houston and Bruce Fowler.
Nice moment between Steve Spurrier and Dabo Swinney tonight at SOUTH CAROLINA COACHES FOR CHARITY. pic.twitter.com/ljMEOCe3uX— COACHING CHARITIES™ (@CoachCharities) July 31, 2014
Spurrier said at the event: "I’ve been bragging on you guys (Clemson), I really have. "The better they do, when we beat them, it makes us look better. You don’t want to beat somebody with a bad record."
Swinney answered back to Spurrier comments saying that he played against Spurrier when he was in college. "I had a chance to sack his punter in the SEC Championship Game," Swinney said. "He probably don’t remember that. But we’re going to keep trying to win, and hopefully we can get this thing turned the other way. He’s whupped us on the field, and now I come here and he’s trying to get my wife to weigh in on it, too. I’m going to draw the line in the sand right there."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Photo: Billboard tribute for Bert Henderson
- Young Clemson fan writes letter to Brad Brownell