|Steele breaks down how to stop Tebow|
|Friday, December 16, 2011 9:54 AM-||
From Boston Herald:
So, to gain some intelligence into how to stop Broncos QB Tim Tebow and his option-happy running attack, I turned to Kevin SteeleKevin Steele
View Full Profile, the respected Clemson defensive coordinator. He was the defensive coordinator at Alabama when the Crimson Tide faced Tebow in the 2008 SEC title game.
The result was this story in today’s Herald, with Steele providing in-depth detail on the issues a running QB like Tebow present. Mostly, it’s a numbers game that he forces defenses to play.
“I guess the first thing you gotta preface it with is, everybody says, ‘You can’t do this in the NFL,’ ” Steele joked. “Well, I guess that teaches you you can’t ever say ‘Can’t.’ ”
True. Then, Steele got down to business.
“The hardest thing is is people don’t realize, if Tim Tebow’s the quarterback and you have a one-back set, you have a two-back set,” Steele explained. “So, you have a two-back running game with a two-back set. You’ve made all your adjustments and now you’re looking at a one-back set with your standard adjustments, but there’s two running backs back there. And then it goes on.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson