Quick notes on Dabo Swinney's GSU post-game
|2014-11-22 19:38:32.0- -||
- Tip your hats to those guys (Seniors). They have tied record with 40 wins during last four years.
- Really proud of Cole (Stoudt). He didn't have a bad throw in the first half.
- Wanted to feature Tyshon (Dye). Wanted to see where he was. Boy did he respond.
- We tried to play everybody in the second half and I think we were able to do that.
- Two shutouts in one season hasn't happened since 1998. Great performance defensively.
- One thing that we had to get changed this week was turnover margin. Good to see us come out on top in that.
- On passing offense: Are you kidding me? We couldn't complete a pass last week. He played well. TD to Mike Williams was a bullet. Second half, we missed one down the middle to Charone (Peake). He made good decisions. He was very engaged in the game plan and he was ready to go.
- On Deshaun Watson's health: Deshaun is day to day. We will see where he is on Monday and go from there. Hopefully he can go but if he can't we will have Cole ready. We need him to practice Monday. We need to see progress on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday are critical to game prep. He got to demonstrate he can do what we need him to do.
- Asked if could play if didn't practice? Yes, we have done that before. Cole didn't practice any against Louisville.
- On South Carolina game: You live with it. There are other games throughout the year but when you lose this one, you live with it everyday. These guys are very much aware of what is at stake.
- On Tyshon Dye's play: Really pleased with what we saw with Dye. Told Tony Elliot early in the week that we were going to feature Dye.
- On South Carolina's team: They are one of the best offenses we have seen...good wideouts....bunch of good running backs. They know what they are doing. We have great respect for S.C. They did a nice job against Florida last week. They have done a nice job against us. This will be one of the best offenses we have seen. They have good players and coaches. Doesn't matter what has happened in the past.
- On if Dye will start against South Carolina: Right now Gallman and Dye performance speaks for itself. Two good guys we continue to lather up and see how it goes. Gallman has been excellent for us, but Tyshon's shown he's ready for a bigger role.
- Jay Jay McCullough has been suspended indefinitely.
- Dabo on Florida rumors: I will tell you this, I love my job. It would be very hard to leave Clemson. My kids have grown up here. I got two in high school. This isn't just a job for me. I am passionate about Clemson. There is nothing we can't achieve here. My goal is to make this the model program in college football. Never say never...I don't think that is genuine but I am fully invested. It's a credit to our program first of all. There's a time and place for all that stuff. At the end of the day, this is much more than a job for me. I truly love the people here and my players. I truly believe there is nothing we can't accomplish here.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||