Quick notes from Dabo Swinney teleconference
* Dabo Swinney said that his team found a way to win the game. Very proud of them.
* Offensively - it was a comedy of errors and couldn't get out of our own way for a while. But there are things that are correctable. Points is the name of the game and we didn't come away with points and were inconsistent with execution.
* We did some positive things - didn't have any sacks and had 4.4 yards per carry.
* Defensively - least amount of mental errors all year. We created turnovers, tackles for loss, forced three-and-outs, but our guys did an excellent job.
* Dabo said that he was named interim coach five years ago today and happy to see all of the improvements of the program.
* We are happy to be 6-0.
* Brandon ThomasBrandon Thomas
Gr. Offensive Line
#63 6-3, 305
View Full Profile, Stephone AnthonyStephone Anthony
#42 6-2, 235
View Full Profile and LS Phillip Fajgenbaum was special teams player of the game.
* On FSU's Winston: He is a special player. We grew up 20 miles apart from each other [Pelham, AL]. He has been a great player his whole life since probably the 9th grade. He is playing like a heisman guy. He has a great feel for the game.
* On Boyd's big QB matchups: I think he just wants to win. He just wants to find a way to win. He is a great player. Individuals play but teams win. A great game is what it will take to win.
* DE Shaq Lawson said he is fine and should be able to play.
* No other injuries. RB Tyshon Dye [ACL], WR Charone Peake [ACL] and LB Kellen Jones [Back] all had surgery late last week.
* FSU game will be one game. We do what we do. We go play the game. If you change what you do, you are sending the wrong message. It has to be that way. I know it is not for fans. If you start looking forward, you will get beat. You will lose games that you should not because you are inconsistent in your execution.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||