|Quick notes from Dabo Swinney press conference|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:12 AM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said "Proud of our team and how we responded last week with our win against Maryland."
* Another road challenge with Virginia with a place none of these guys have been. They have played a tough schedule but they are playing hard and very talented. According to the experts, they have played the toughest schedule in the nation.
* They are pretty balanced. They have a huge OL and huge TE's. They always have those monster OL's and TE's.
* Very impressed with their QB. He throws a very accurate ball. They played a bunch of guys at wideout. The QB is an athletic runner. Very impressed.
* Defensively, they have had a couple injuries but sounds like they are getting a couple back this week. Very talented and will be as good as team as we will see. I am impressed with LB #44. One of the best in the country. #7 is one of the top sack guys in the conference. They also have the interception leader with 5 picks at safety.
* We will get their best effort. We expect that and know we will have to play well. We will try to play our best football in November. The teams that play their best football in November and you will have a chance to seperate and have a special season.
* On the injury front: We expect everyone ready to roll.
* I think we are running the ball good. Our passing is up a little from last year. We are a little inconsistent but 7-1. "You don't go (7-1) playing poorly in the trenches."
* Brandon Thomas is playing outstanding.
* I believe that it (QB running football) is a distinct advantage and we will continue to do that. You gain an extra hat with you have a QB that can run. Its just a philosophy. Its what we do. Our QB have to be a factor in the run game.
* I know everyone wants us to be up 35-0 after the first quarter every game, but that's not really realistic. Its a 4 quarter game especially on the road with guys with a lot of pride. The biggest issue i have is the turnovers. Its the biggest glaring problem from last year. We had 1 fumble last year, 8 this year. The fumbles have been a problem.
* "It's [fumbles] like a virus and it's gotta run it's course. Hopefully it's through us."
* Swinney says they have had really good practices the last couple of weeks.
* This is a good football team doing a lot of good things, a bunch of good stuff. Nobody ever wants to talk about the good things they are doing.
* "We haven't coaches any perfect games, we haven't played in any perfect games but the best football is ahead of us."
* Dabo calls SID Tim Bourret "Clemson Google."
* Clemson has been in the top 10 for the past 10 weeks.
* On road winning streak: "It's hard to maintain that. If it's that easy, why hasn't it happened in 35 years?"
* How many teams start in the top 10 and finish in the top 10? That's a very hard thing to do.
* Sammy is having a great year. He is hungry and he wants that extra yard. He stepped up big for us. He did a good job on screens on yards after catch. Big night for him and I am proud of him. He broke Nuk's record. He has a chance to break Aaron Kelly's yardage record. He is having a heckuva year.
* On ESPN commentary: "Don't let anybody walk through your mind with their dirty little feet." He thought it was too negative and turned it down while re-watching it on Sunday night.
* "Everybody is down on Seckinger but I'm telling everybody now he is a great football player. He is not yet but he is a sophomore. Do not throw that cat away. He will help us win a lot of games in the future. We have some of the best TE's in the nation. I really like some of the young guys. Write it down. Seckinger was like cat-man his freshman year. We have to have that TE element in our system. I love our guys. They will get there.
* Dabo on Sammy Watkins' pro future: Sammy is a top 10 player to me. So I'd be surprised if he came back. But who knows? I thought Spiller wasn't coming back. Figuring out who is going pro is the last thing on my mind.
* Mike London is a great football coach and has a great staff. I am telling you that Mike London will get it done at Virginia. They are still going through the maturation process. They will continue to get better. The secondary is making a lot of plays.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at email@example.com||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Coach Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
12/1 - Dabo Swinney talks BCS Bowl12/1 - Quick notes on Dabo Swinney teleconference11/30 - Video: Dabo Swinney SC postgame press conference11/30 - Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game11/27 - Bourret Stat on Dabo Swinney11/26 - Video: Dabo Swinney previews South Carolina11/26 - Quick notes on Dabo Swinney press conference11/24 - Quick notes on Dabo Swinney teleconference11/23 - Video: Dabo Swinney Citadel postgame press conference