|Quick notes from Dabo Swinney at ACC Kickoff|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-07-21 16:32:09.0-||
* Dabo Swinney said during Monday's ACC Kickoff that Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile may be faster than Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
Quarterback (2009 - 2013)
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, but he looks a lot like Gumby.
* Swinney would love to not need to score 45 points/game because of the defense, but then people would say the offense stinks. He believes that Clemson will still have one of the top offenses in nation, regardless of the losses with Boyd and Watkins.
* Swinney thinks his guys have earned the respect to be in the talk with some of the top teams in the country.
* Dabo says ACC Atlantic is very strong, he has great respect for other programs. Very happy for Jimbo and FSU for winning national championship. He thinks that the gap's not that wide between FSU, Clemson and the rest of the Atlantic Division.
* Dabo says "Deshaun has the qualities to be a special football player." He said that in a perfect world, it would benefit Deshaun to be a backup for an entire season. He wants to get Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile prepared to have him ready to play against Georgia.
* Dabo says he and Spurrier have different backgrounds but are similar in more ways than people think. Says both have mutual respect.
* Dabo says he got tremendous support from Clemson community following "false" charges by #FFRF.
* Dabo's response to Randy Edsall's "football conference comment - "We just beat Ohio State. Aren't they in that conference?"
* Swinney said that if both South Carolina and Clemson fans are honest with themselves, they want to win the rivalry game more than any other.
* Swinney's nickname for Tim Bourret is "Clemson Google."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars