|Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, September 30, 2013 11:40 AM||
Chad MorrisChad Morris
Offensive Coordinator / QBs
View Full Profile on the Dome: He said that the dome is only issue if you make it an issue. It is still pitch and catch. We are not going to make any excuses.
* On Clemson's offense: Far from perfect. We made some good plays..got in a rythmn early. We are still making a few simple mistakes in our run game.
* We gave up a couple of sacks by being playing soft and not playing with proper technique.
* We had 3 drops Tajh should have been 20 for 24.
* Kalon Davis is playing really well.
* On Syracuse's defense: They play extremely hard, extremely hard..loves pressure..love to bring one more than you got...if they could blitz 12, they would blitz 12. It is probably the biggest pressure team we have faced maybe since I have been here.
* We are going to get their absolute best. We are going to get everything they got. I love the challenge. I think its a great challenge for our guys.
* On Rod Mcdowell's injury: It is kind of hard to see right now. Talked to him this morning. It is kind of wait and see process.
* I am very pleased where Zac Brooks is. D.J. Howard had his best game in 2 years. We just can't wait two more years for him have another great game.
* On WR's play: Sammy Watkins and Adam Humphries had two really good blocks on the Howard touchdown. Wide receivers played their most physical game of the year against Wake.
* On the battle between Martavis [Bryant] and Mike Williams: Morris said that position has not has not had the trust of the quarterback because of inconsistent play and inconsistent route running. We need that position to come on.
* On Boyd's play: Once Tajh hit that third play you knew he was going to have a good day. He obviously played his best game since the Georgia game. The great thing about Tajh is he wants the ball is his hands all the time, short yardage, long yardage. Whatever it may be.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Football Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
10/20 - WATCH: Monday's interview with Chad Morris10/18 - WATCH: Morris, Venables on Clemson's comeback win at BC10/13 - WATCH: Monday's interview with Chad Morris10/11 - WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville10/4 - WATCH: Morris, Venables postgame comments9/29 - WATCH: Monday's interview with Chad Morris9/28 - WATCH: Venables, Morris talk UNC win9/27 - Chad Morris on decision to play Cole Stoudt9/22 - Monday Chad Morris interview notes and video