|Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, September 23, 2013 11:44 AM||
Chad MorrisChad Morris
Offensive Coordinator / QBs
View Full Profile said that August 31 is last time this bunch played together as complete unit in a game that was nip and tuck the whole day.
* On the offense: Part of being in a offensive team is getting in a rhythmn and groove. It was not until play 59 of the game that Tajh got in a groove throwing the ball. We haven't played our best football...we have done some good things but we have not played our best football.
* On Tajh Boyd's accuracy: Very uncharacteristic of him to miss the deep balls that he missed Thursday night. It was like he was trying to place the ball and not throw the ball.
* On the freshman WR's: I thought the effort was good...I thought they played fast. I thought they struggled with some alignment issues but that will come with time.
* On the OL's: We tried some different combinations. Some guys are not playing to level they did last year and some guys are playing better than last year.
* On Isaiah battle: Very disappointed...not who we are..not what this program is about....embarrassment to me and our program and university.
* On Boyd's play: Tajh has just got to relax and he has just go out of play. He has talked to about it. He wants to make every throw and do it all. At some point you just have to relax and go have fun. He feels like he has so much on him that he is not having fun. Go back and do the little things .. Check your mechanics and loosen up. From play 59 to play 82 he played extremely well. He lead to us to 2 scoring drives. I am excited about what i saw at end of the game.
* On the schedule: Morris feels like with the schedule it will allow the teams to peak at the right time and not too early. They are able to coach the guys hard because not 3-0 with 3 blowout wins.
* On Martavis Bryant's play: He made some good catches. He has got a long way to go playing without the football.
* On Boyd: He is trying too hard...He is pressing. We all see it. You see it. My wife sees it..... Tajh Boyd is the least of my concern right now I can tell you that.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Coach Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
12/3 - Chad Morris linked to recent coaching vacancy11/30 - Video: Chad Morris SC postgame11/27 - Chad Morris named National Assistant COTY11/25 - Video: Chad Morris previews South Carolina11/23 - Video: Morris, Venables Citadel postgame comments11/18 - Video: Chad Morris previews The Citadel11/15 - Video: Morris, Venables GT postgame comments11/11 - Video: Chad Morris talks Georgia Tech game