|Quick notes from Chad Morris on Monday|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, September 2, 2013 11:45 AM||
Chad MorrisChad Morris
Offensive Coordinator / QBs
View Full Profile didn't address the fake injury video clip but to say I think we all see the same thing.
* Morris said that something has to be done about it but he is not sure what. Morris said "you're seeing it more prevalent around the country."
* Morris said that the team can play faster but Tajh slowed us down a lot....he played well but as far as tempo he slowed us down in the 3rd and 4th quarter by not looking to the sideline quick enough.
* Morris said there were 6 drops on offense. Boyd finished 18 out of 30.
* Morris said that he is not worried abut Martavis Bryant's confidence...first start. He was thrust in the limelight like Brandon Ford last year (Ford had 4 drops in his first game). "I rather him drop them all and catch that last onside kick."
* 79 total snaps...76 with penalties....left 10 snaps on the table with the 3 and outs.
* The offensive line graded out pretty well...we did some really good things but there is still a long ways to go with them.
* 0 turnovers for the offense was a goal. We worked hard in practice on ball security. Brooks and Mcdowell did a good job protecting the ball. Tajh carried the ball loose on a few runs.
* Morris says on possibility of seeing Chad Kelly.. "I can't make any promises... But he's ready. He was ready last week."
* Morris says Death Valley crowd held up their end of the bargain.. Called atmosphere incredible. The crowd efforts and energy did not go unnoticed. You knew it on the sidelines and felt it on sidelines. Our guys really appreciated that.
* Morris said they got phone calls from recruits all over the country saying Clemson is at the top of their list after viewing the Georgia game and especially the hill entrance.
* Morris said "from the time we got off the bus it was spirited and crazy."
* Patrick DeStefano did a great job as a TE. He played 13 snaps with several key blocks against Georgia. It really helped out with injuries to Leggett and Cooper.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at email@example.com||
|Discuss this update on the Coach Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
12/3 - Chad Morris linked to recent coaching vacancy11/30 - Video: Chad Morris SC postgame11/27 - Chad Morris named National Assistant COTY11/25 - Video: Chad Morris previews South Carolina11/23 - Video: Morris, Venables Citadel postgame comments11/18 - Video: Chad Morris previews The Citadel11/15 - Video: Morris, Venables GT postgame comments11/11 - Video: Chad Morris talks Georgia Tech game