Quick Notes on Swinney press conference
|2014-12-12 11:31:27.0- -||
Here are some quick notes on Dabo Swinney's press conference previewing the Russell Athletic Bowl.
- Swinney has been on the road since the South Carolina game.
- Its been a busy but productive few weeks.
- Proud of our team with the South Carolina game. Happy for our seniors to go out that way.
- It was a good year. I was proud of what we accomplish. We competed our tails off. We competed at a high level.
- Our football team is a team that has overcame a lot of adversity , especially on offense.
- We are really excited about the bowl game. A lot of stuff out there still. Anxious to get back out there tomorrow. They have been in the weight room.
- Oklahoma is the sixth winniest program in history. Tough draw for the Tigers. Its always good to compete against the best. They have been as consistent program as anyone.
- Will start breaking down film today on Oklahoma.
- Few plays for us and we are 11-1. Fine line and look at Oklahoma. They have have two overtime losses and a few close losses. They are a very talented team. They will be excited to play us and we are them.
- Bowl season is critical for us. Always critical to development our team for next year. We want to development our team to get a head start on next year. We have a great group of redshirt guys and guys that are freshman and sophomore that are a critical time for them.
- This is a ton of opportunity to put our best foot forward to win the game. This is an opportunity for 10 wins and that would be four years in a row. That would be a great accomplishment for the seniors if they could do that and feel good about what they did. We want to be ranked as high as possible.
- Our team is finishing finals this week.
- Jeff and Tony are two incredibly gifted young coaches that have been with me for a while and have had great success. It was really an easy decision. I would like to promote from within if feasible. They will do a a phenominal job. I don't have any doubt about that.
- On Streeter hire: I have had an eye on Brandon since he left here. I knew I was going to hire him just a matter of when it would work out.
- Jay Jay McCullough is still suspended. Still evaluating if McCullough will play in bowl.
- Martin Jenkins should be back for bowl.
- Travis Blanks rehab is going great. He could have played this season. He went through power hour with freshman and brought tremendous leadership.
- Tony Elliot will move up to the box and call plays I think that will really help us. He is a real cerebral guy. Jeff is a math guy and Tony is an engineer guy.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||