Quick Notes on Dabo Swinney press conference
|2014-11-04 11:13:14.0- -||
Clemson head coach Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile spoke to the local media during his Tuesday press conference as his previews the matchup with the Tigers. Here are some of the highlights from Swinney.
- Swinney said they are excited to get back at it and head up to Winston-Salem. I like how our team has prepared. We have made good use of the extra time. Helped them physically and mentally.
- We have had some really good practices. Outstanding practice on Sunday. Yesterday was another good practice.
- Wake is an improving football team. Clawson is a guy I have followed for a long time.
- They are team that plays with excellent effort.
- Wake has tenacity on defense. They have two the best corners they we will see. They are fifth year seniors and I will be glad when they are gone. You have to be really discipline with those guys. We have to do a good job competing with those guys on these CB's.
- They are #1 in punting and 9-9 on field goals.
- We need to continue the momentum. We need to win on the road. I think are guys are excited to play on Thursday.
- Injury standpoint. Leggett looks good and will be back this week. Deshaun and Charone are greatly improved. Deshaun will be ready to play if needed, but not sure if he will play. He has done tremendous. He has done the second team work. Both players will be full speed on Monday.
- D.J. Greenlee is out for the season with a torn ACL with a non-contact play where he was running a drill. He was really coming on before the injury. "Really, really, disappointed because D.J. was making some progress for us," Swinney said. "We were very encouraged about what we were seeing out of D.J. So now he is out. Adam Choice (ACL) just had his surgery so those two guys will partner up and go through the rehab together."
- Martin Jenkins will be out until at least the South Carolina game with a foot injury. "They actually went in and put a screw in," Swinney said. "He has a ligament issue in that foot. We hope to have him back for the South Carolina game. It would be great to get him back and see him finish his career here at home and play in the bowl game."
- Swinney wanted to play Tyshon Dye for the Syracuse game but wasn't the right opportunity. Dye is ready to go and will play against Wake Forest. "You'll see him Thursday."
- Swinney said that Stoudt is feeling a lot better. He has practiced really well since last Thursday.
- Reid Webster will start at center at Wake instead of Ryan Norton.
- Crowder will make his first start against Wake at right guard. Kalon Davis will be at right tackle.
- Swinney said that Coach Crowder is coach of the year. We've found ways to win and pull it together.
- Swinney: There is so much football to be played.
- The team had a spring in their legs from the bye week.
- Swinney on Gallman: "He's going to be excellent. He's made big strides and I am really proud of him."
- Swinney said that the DB unit has changed everything. It enhanced the front seven, which is basically same from last year.
- Bunch of guys on the two and three deep from this year's Clemson defense will play in the NFL.
- We are created a ton of consistently in our program. We have beaten 24 straight un-ranked teams. We try to play to a standard.
- Best offense is ahead of us especially when we get some more pieces back.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||