Quick Notes from Dabo Swinney press conference
|2014-11-18 11:07:32.0- -||
- Swinney said that he is anxious to get back out on field this week and see if we can play better offensively.
- Chance to finish up with two home games and embrace the seniors.
- MAD on Saturday and we are going to wear our purple and want our fans in purple.
- We have some former players that will lead our team down the hill...the four I announced last night. Its cool to have four of my former players that played for me to come back and participate in the festivities.
- I am really excited about our seniors. This is a special group and they will have a chance at their 40th win if we find a way to win the game, and that will tie them for the most with that 90 group.
- From a team standpoint, just trying to regroup and have a great finish.
- Georgia State is a team that has had some tough losses. They are a tough program they have some guys that can make some plays on both sides of the ball. We have to play well.
- They do a nice job with their scheme and do a nice job with their power running game and they know what they are doing in the power running game.
- Defensively a little harder to get dialed in on them. They have a lot of different looks and personnel groupings and a lot of that is due to injuries and that fits their personnel the best. We have to do a good job of executing offensively.
- Cole Stoudt will start the game I like how he has responded in my meeting with him and coming back to work yesterday and last night. He gives us the best chance to win.
- He was the offensive MVP a few weeks ago and before that he won the Leather helmet.
- Deshaun (Watson) is day to day. That is all I can tell you. It gets better every day. We were kind of expecting the worst.
- Late Sunday night I got the call and I took the news. He (Watson) has still has an injury. It's not like he is out there doing sprints, but we know how to attack it now.
- He (Watson) was better Sunday and then better yesterday. I don't think he can play this week, but we are hopeful he can go after that. ACL and MCL are fine. No issues or surgery.
- We aren't going to put anybody out there that can't play. They all take a risk when they go out there. But if they tell me a guy can play we plan for them and if they tell me they can't play, we don't.
- Why would they react bad to Cole Stoudt? Because he had a bad game? He has given four years of his live to this school. He was always ready and every time we needed him he was ready. Has he lost a little confidence this year? Yes. But at the end of the day, we are family.
- You are honest with each other and love each other and have each other's back. He has done nothing but represent this university with class and has great character. It's a shame that is the world we live in.
- Now these young people are growing up where they are surrounded by negativity to the nth degrgee. It's difficult for a person who hasn't lived a long time and has that perspective on life. That is a shame that question is even asked. What has he done to warrant someone booing a guy? That would be an embarrassment and an absolute shame. They need to cheer Cole Stoudt. He could have left here.
- It's my hope that Cole will finish this thing out great. We had a bad bad bad bad day offensively. There is no doubt about that. We all have adversity and we all make mistakes and have had bad decisions.
- There are no excues. We have everything we need to win. But in the end we had a bad day.
- We had a bad game in the opener, then lost a game we won on the field and played as well as we can possibly play. Then we had a horrendous day offensively against Ga. Tech.
- We just haven't been able to get the continuity and chemistry that we need to. It has been a struggle.
- Biggest thing is we have to get that confidence back and hopefully we can get that back this weekend.
- Martin Jenkins is likely out this week but they are hopeful he can play against South Carolina.
- Encouraged with Charone Peake..responded well after Saturday.
- On Nick S. "definitely hope to play him. The more experience can get the better. But we hope to play him and I was proud of him. He has really improved. He missed a couple of protections."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||