|New majors added to help Clemson recruit JUCO players|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:06 PM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said Clemson has put some measures in place to help Swinney recruit junior college players.
"We have some new majors that have been added here," Swinney said. "We are never going to be a school as far as going out and signing a bunch of JUCO guys. It's not our philosophy.... It's hard for us to recruit a junior college guy unless you place them there and are on them there early because we don't have the degree programs here that can meet the NCAA rule."
"It's not that Clemson says no, but the curriculum we have in place it would be hard for them to meet NCAA rules," Swinney said.
Swinney said that he hopes the ability to get junior college transfers into Clemson will continue to improve.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains