|New majors added to help Clemson recruit JUCO players|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:06 PM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said Clemson has put some measures in place to help Swinney recruit junior college players.
"We have some new majors that have been added here," Swinney said. "We are never going to be a school as far as going out and signing a bunch of JUCO guys. It's not our philosophy.... It's hard for us to recruit a junior college guy unless you place them there and are on them there early because we don't have the degree programs here that can meet the NCAA rule."
"It's not that Clemson says no, but the curriculum we have in place it would be hard for them to meet NCAA rules," Swinney said.
Swinney said that he hopes the ability to get junior college transfers into Clemson will continue to improve.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Clemson lands JUCO baseball commit