|New majors added to help Clemson recruit JUCO players|
|Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:06 PM-||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said Clemson has put some measures in place to help Swinney recruit junior college players.
"We have some new majors that have been added here," Swinney said. "We are never going to be a school as far as going out and signing a bunch of JUCO guys. It's not our philosophy.... It's hard for us to recruit a junior college guy unless you place them there and are on them there early because we don't have the degree programs here that can meet the NCAA rule."
"It's not that Clemson says no, but the curriculum we have in place it would be hard for them to meet NCAA rules," Swinney said.
Swinney said that he hopes the ability to get junior college transfers into Clemson will continue to improve.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson