|New majors added to help Clemson recruit JUCO players|
|Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:06 PM-||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said Clemson has put some measures in place to help Swinney recruit junior college players.
"We have some new majors that have been added here," Swinney said. "We are never going to be a school as far as going out and signing a bunch of JUCO guys. It's not our philosophy.... It's hard for us to recruit a junior college guy unless you place them there and are on them there early because we don't have the degree programs here that can meet the NCAA rule."
"It's not that Clemson says no, but the curriculum we have in place it would be hard for them to meet NCAA rules," Swinney said.
Swinney said that he hopes the ability to get junior college transfers into Clemson will continue to improve.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- Clemson student's body found near Death Valley
- Capital One Orange Bowl is sold out
- Vegas odds for Clemson-North Carolina
- ESPN announcers for ACC Championship game
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game