|Further details of Brownell's contract|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 2:55 PM-||
With renovations to Littlejohn Coliseum set to begin after next season, Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich wanted to make sure Brad BrownellBrad Brownell
View Full Profile would be on board throughout the process. With that in mind, Clemson announced a new six-year deal for Brownell Friday morning.
TigerNet learned details of the new deal - Brownell was guaranteed to make $1.2 million as part of the deal he signed after his first season with the Tigers, but the new guarantees $1.5 million for the 2015-16 season and will escalate throughout the life of the contract.
Brownell will make $1.7 million in 2016-17, $1.8 million in 2017-18, $1.9 million in 2018-19 and $2 million in 2019-20.
If Clemson was to fire Brownell, the buyouts would be as follows: With five or more seasons remaining, $5 million; four seasons remaining, $5 million; three seasons remaining, $3.5 million; two seasons remaining, $3 million; one season remaining, $3 million.
Should Brownell leave Clemson, he would owe the university: five or more seasons remaining, $1.5 million; four season, $1.5 million; three seasons, $1 million; two seasons, $900,000; one season, $500,000.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016