|Further details of Brownell's contract|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 2:55 PM||
With renovations to Littlejohn Coliseum set to begin after next season, Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich wanted to make sure Brad BrownellBrad Brownell
View Full Profile would be on board throughout the process. With that in mind, Clemson announced a new six-year deal for Brownell Friday morning.
TigerNet learned details of the new deal - Brownell was guaranteed to make $1.2 million as part of the deal he signed after his first season with the Tigers, but the new guarantees $1.5 million for the 2015-16 season and will escalate throughout the life of the contract.
Brownell will make $1.7 million in 2016-17, $1.8 million in 2017-18, $1.9 million in 2018-19 and $2 million in 2019-20.
If Clemson was to fire Brownell, the buyouts would be as follows: With five or more seasons remaining, $5 million; four seasons remaining, $5 million; three seasons remaining, $3.5 million; two seasons remaining, $3 million; one season remaining, $3 million.
Should Brownell leave Clemson, he would owe the university: five or more seasons remaining, $1.5 million; four season, $1.5 million; three seasons, $1 million; two seasons, $900,000; one season, $500,000.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man