|Further details of Brownell's contract|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 2:55 PM||
With renovations to Littlejohn Coliseum set to begin after next season, Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich wanted to make sure Brad BrownellBrad Brownell
View Full Profile would be on board throughout the process. With that in mind, Clemson announced a new six-year deal for Brownell Friday morning.
TigerNet learned details of the new deal - Brownell was guaranteed to make $1.2 million as part of the deal he signed after his first season with the Tigers, but the new guarantees $1.5 million for the 2015-16 season and will escalate throughout the life of the contract.
Brownell will make $1.7 million in 2016-17, $1.8 million in 2017-18, $1.9 million in 2018-19 and $2 million in 2019-20.
If Clemson was to fire Brownell, the buyouts would be as follows: With five or more seasons remaining, $5 million; four seasons remaining, $5 million; three seasons remaining, $3.5 million; two seasons remaining, $3 million; one season remaining, $3 million.
Should Brownell leave Clemson, he would owe the university: five or more seasons remaining, $1.5 million; four season, $1.5 million; three seasons, $1 million; two seasons, $900,000; one season, $500,000.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released