|Brownell comments on brutal road stretch|
|Senior Writer - Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:29 PM-||
The Clemson basketball team has a rough stretch of games this season, playing five of six conference games on the road. The stretch starts with a January 21st game at Pitt, and the Tigers then play at UNC, at FSU, at home against Ga. Tech, at Syracuse and then at Notre Dame.
"That is pretty hard. I wasn’t real happy with that," Brownell said. "That’s not good, and it’s a real challenge. I looked at the other teams in the league and N.C. State may be the only other team that has it. It is a tough blow. I understand the ACC is trying to schedule 14 or 15 schools and there is TV for everybody and there a lot of challenges. But that is a tough, tough stretch. As tough as I’ve ever seen. It’s not just playing on the road but it is where you are traveling to and who you are playing. It’s just another challenge."
Brownell said on a radio show earlier in the day that Clemson has made a call to the ACC office expressing their displeasure of being 1 of 2 ACC schools [Clemson and NCSU] that have to face a road schedule like this.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team