|Jeff Baker signs with new team|
|Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:24 PM-||
From the Dallas News:
The [Texas] Rangers added a little more competition for a spot on the bench Saturday by agreeing to terms with 31-year-old Jeff BakerJeff Baker
# 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
Baker, who appeared in 83 games for three different teams last year, will be a non-roster invitee to spring training. He joins a group of candidates for the utility infield job that includes Leury Garcia and Yangervis Solarte as middle infielders and Brandon Snyder as a corner infielder.
Baker was drafted by the Rockies in 2004 after playing college baseball at Clemson University. While at Clemson, Baker set the school record for career home runs with 59 home runs, a feat he accomplished in three years.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- Clemson earns 6th seed in 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson