|Jeff Baker signs with new team|
|Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:24 PM-||
From the Dallas News:
The [Texas] Rangers added a little more competition for a spot on the bench Saturday by agreeing to terms with 31-year-old Jeff BakerJeff Baker
# 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
Baker, who appeared in 83 games for three different teams last year, will be a non-roster invitee to spring training. He joins a group of candidates for the utility infield job that includes Leury Garcia and Yangervis Solarte as middle infielders and Brandon Snyder as a corner infielder.
Baker was drafted by the Rockies in 2004 after playing college baseball at Clemson University. While at Clemson, Baker set the school record for career home runs with 59 home runs, a feat he accomplished in three years.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover