|Jeff Baker signs with new team|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:24 PM||
From the Dallas News:
The [Texas] Rangers added a little more competition for a spot on the bench Saturday by agreeing to terms with 31-year-old Jeff BakerJeff Baker
# 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
Baker, who appeared in 83 games for three different teams last year, will be a non-roster invitee to spring training. He joins a group of candidates for the utility infield job that includes Leury Garcia and Yangervis Solarte as middle infielders and Brandon Snyder as a corner infielder.
Read the full article here
Baker was drafted by the Rockies in 2004 after playing college baseball at Clemson University. While at Clemson, Baker set the school record for career home runs with 59 home runs, a feat he accomplished in three years.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic