|Jeff Baker signs with new team|
|Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:24 PM-||
From the Dallas News:
The [Texas] Rangers added a little more competition for a spot on the bench Saturday by agreeing to terms with 31-year-old Jeff BakerJeff Baker
# 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
Baker, who appeared in 83 games for three different teams last year, will be a non-roster invitee to spring training. He joins a group of candidates for the utility infield job that includes Leury Garcia and Yangervis Solarte as middle infielders and Brandon Snyder as a corner infielder.
Baker was drafted by the Rockies in 2004 after playing college baseball at Clemson University. While at Clemson, Baker set the school record for career home runs with 59 home runs, a feat he accomplished in three years.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs
- ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal