|Jeff Baker signs with new team|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:24 PM||
From the Dallas News:
The [Texas] Rangers added a little more competition for a spot on the bench Saturday by agreeing to terms with 31-year-old Jeff BakerJeff Baker
# 6-2, 210
View Full Profile.
Baker, who appeared in 83 games for three different teams last year, will be a non-roster invitee to spring training. He joins a group of candidates for the utility infield job that includes Leury Garcia and Yangervis Solarte as middle infielders and Brandon Snyder as a corner infielder.
Baker was drafted by the Rockies in 2004 after playing college baseball at Clemson University. While at Clemson, Baker set the school record for career home runs with 59 home runs, a feat he accomplished in three years.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- McCloud makes freshman mistake before Thursday's scrimmage
- Ammon Lakip suspended multiple games
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Radakovich discusses idea of selling Beer at Clemson games
- Photos: Inside Clemson's Oculus
- Clemson DB breaks a bone in his hand
- True Freshman TE creating a buzz at Fall camp
- Elliott breaks down pecking order at running back