|Tigers take game two at Pittsburgh|
|Staff Writer - 2014-04-19 17:28:43.0-||
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Junior righthander Daniel Gossett tossed a three-hit shutout in No. 20 Clemson’s 3-0 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (24-14, 12-7 ACC) took a 2-0 lead in the series against the Panthers (16-22, 8-12 ACC).
Gossett (5-0) gave up just three singles and one walk with seven strikeouts, while he did not allow a runner past second base and only allowed one past first base. It was Gossett’s second career shutout, as he tossed a five-hit shutout against Duke in Clemson’s 7-0 win on March 22, 2013. Panther starter T.J. Zeuch (1-3) suffered the loss despite allowing just three runs on three hits in a career-long 8.0 innings pitched.
The Tigers scored three runs in the first inning after loading the bases with no outs. Steven Duggar’s groundout plated Tyler Slaton, then Steve Wilkerson blooped a two-out single to center to score Tyler Krieger and Garrett Boulware.
The series concludes Sunday at noon on ESPN3.
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College
- Broadcast info and time for Clemson Spring game