|Tigers take game two at Pittsburgh|
|Staff Writer - Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:28 PM-||
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Junior righthander Daniel Gossett tossed a three-hit shutout in No. 20 Clemson’s 3-0 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (24-14, 12-7 ACC) took a 2-0 lead in the series against the Panthers (16-22, 8-12 ACC).
Gossett (5-0) gave up just three singles and one walk with seven strikeouts, while he did not allow a runner past second base and only allowed one past first base. It was Gossett’s second career shutout, as he tossed a five-hit shutout against Duke in Clemson’s 7-0 win on March 22, 2013. Panther starter T.J. Zeuch (1-3) suffered the loss despite allowing just three runs on three hits in a career-long 8.0 innings pitched.
The Tigers scored three runs in the first inning after loading the bases with no outs. Steven Duggar’s groundout plated Tyler Slaton, then Steve Wilkerson blooped a two-out single to center to score Tyler Krieger and Garrett Boulware.
The series concludes Sunday at noon on ESPN3.
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND