|Tigers, Illini to Tangle Early Sunday in Second Round NIT Action|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Friday, March 21, 2014 4:33 PM||
CLEMSON (21-12) vs. ILLINOIS (20-14)
Tipoff: Sunday, March 23 (11 a.m.)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Roy Philpott-color)
TV: ESPN (Rich Hollenberg-pbp; LaPhonso Ellis-color)
• Clemson and Illinois meet for the first time in the postseason, and for the fifth time in the series. The Illini have a 3-1 advantage all-time over the Tigers, including the most recent meeting in Clemson in the 2009 ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• The Tigers are coming off their 10th straight home NIT win, 78-66 over Georgia State. K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile matched career highs with 30 points and 14 rebounds, while adding five blocks.
CU Series W-L record: Illinois leads 3-1
Streak: Illinois won the most recent meeting
• The winner of Sunday’s game takes on the winner of Belmont and Robert Morris on Tuesday, March 25 at either 7 or 9 p.m. on ESPN2.
• Clemson’s eight-game improvement in the win column from last season is tied for the second-best jump in school history. The record is a 10-game improvement by the 1937-38 team that went 16-7 one season after recording a record of 6-15.
• For the first time in its history, Clemson has two players with at least 60 blocked shots in the same season.
• K.J. McDaniels currently has top-10 single season marks in Clemson history for points (575), free throws made (148), blocks (91) and dunks (48).
• Over the last nine games, Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile has posted seven double figure scoring efforts and averaged 12 points per game. He is shooting 46 percent from the floor during that stretch.
• Redshirt freshman Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS Fr. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile suffered a bruised leg in the win over Georgia State, and is likely out for Sunday’s game against Illinois.
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains