|Teams that benefit from N Illinois' loss|
|Assoc. Editor - 2013-12-07 09:46:33.0-||
Northern Illinois lost last night 47-27 to Bowling Green and that loss made it that no team from a non-automatic qualifying conference will play in a BCS Bowl this year.
The Tigers would be in great shape for an Orange Bowl bid if heavily favored Florida State beats Duke for the ACC championship today and earns a spot in the BCS National Championship Game. If Florida State falls, Clemson would still be considered for an at-large berth, but its competition would be Florida State.
If FSU and OHIO State stay 1-2 the Orange and Rose get the first picks. Orange could take Alabama knowing Clemson still there with 2nd pick— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
Given the Orange Bowl's new deal with the ACC, I don't see them passing on Clemson to take a Big 12 team. Sugar wants SEC-Big 12 game.— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season