|Teams that benefit from N Illinois' loss|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:46 AM||
Northern Illinois lost last night 47-27 to Bowling Green and that loss made it that no team from a non-automatic qualifying conference will play in a BCS Bowl this year.
The Tigers would be in great shape for an Orange Bowl bid if heavily favored Florida State beats Duke for the ACC championship today and earns a spot in the BCS National Championship Game. If Florida State falls, Clemson would still be considered for an at-large berth, but its competition would be Florida State.
Read the full article here
If FSU and OHIO State stay 1-2 the Orange and Rose get the first picks. Orange could take Alabama knowing Clemson still there with 2nd pick— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
Given the Orange Bowl's new deal with the ACC, I don't see them passing on Clemson to take a Big 12 team. Sugar wants SEC-Big 12 game.— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley