|Teams that benefit from N Illinois' loss|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, December 7, 2013 9:46 AM-||
Northern Illinois lost last night 47-27 to Bowling Green and that loss made it that no team from a non-automatic qualifying conference will play in a BCS Bowl this year.
The Tigers would be in great shape for an Orange Bowl bid if heavily favored Florida State beats Duke for the ACC championship today and earns a spot in the BCS National Championship Game. If Florida State falls, Clemson would still be considered for an at-large berth, but its competition would be Florida State.
If FSU and OHIO State stay 1-2 the Orange and Rose get the first picks. Orange could take Alabama knowing Clemson still there with 2nd pick— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
Given the Orange Bowl's new deal with the ACC, I don't see them passing on Clemson to take a Big 12 team. Sugar wants SEC-Big 12 game.— Tony Barnhart (@MrCFB) December 7, 2013
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville