|Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-12 14:47:09.0-||
ACC Commissioner John Swofford has announced a proposal for ACC football scheduling at the conference meetings on Monday where conference teams would continue to play eight conference games and then a ninth game against either Notre Dame or a team from one of the 'Power 5' conferences.
Swofford said it hasn’t been determined yet if BYU, Army, and Navy count as a non-conference Power 5 opponent. The final vote will be Thursday, but it is expected to be approved.
Swofford announces recommendation to play 8 #ACC games + 1 vs group of 5 or ND, starting in '17. Sending to business session for approval— ACC Football (@theACCfootball) May 12, 2014
BREAKING: Swofford announces recommendation to play 8 conference FB games + 1 vs group of 5 or ND, starting in 2017. Final vote Thursday.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford on division format and cross-division rivalries: As of now, no changes.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford: Eliminating FCS games was discussed, but there's no new recommendation on that.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford says playoff selections could impact future decision on FCS games.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College