|Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, May 12, 2014 2:47 PM-||
ACC Commissioner John Swofford has announced a proposal for ACC football scheduling at the conference meetings on Monday where conference teams would continue to play eight conference games and then a ninth game against either Notre Dame or a team from one of the 'Power 5' conferences.
Swofford said it hasn’t been determined yet if BYU, Army, and Navy count as a non-conference Power 5 opponent. The final vote will be Thursday, but it is expected to be approved.
Swofford announces recommendation to play 8 #ACC games + 1 vs group of 5 or ND, starting in '17. Sending to business session for approval— ACC Football (@theACCfootball) May 12, 2014
BREAKING: Swofford announces recommendation to play 8 conference FB games + 1 vs group of 5 or ND, starting in 2017. Final vote Thursday.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford on division format and cross-division rivalries: As of now, no changes.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford: Eliminating FCS games was discussed, but there's no new recommendation on that.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
Swofford says playoff selections could impact future decision on FCS games.— Jeff Fischel (@JeffFischel) May 12, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover