|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-20 13:01:59.0-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury
- Photo: Deshaun Watson works out at SMU