|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-20 13:01:59.0-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Young Clemson fan writes letter to Brad Brownell