|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab