|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Swinney on Watson's injury
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term