|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley