|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs