|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking