|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft