|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-06-20 13:01:59.0-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College
- Broadcast info and time for Clemson Spring game