|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- ESPN College GameDay headed to Clemson
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- ESPN SportsCenter coming for Clemson-ND
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND