|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover