|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM-||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson football players react to CCU's National title
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson donor gives $2.5 million to athletics
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll
- Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James
- Fox analyst has Clemson as #1 seed in 2016 CFB playoff