|Swinney introduces Richie Parker and how he inspired his team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:01 PM||
Dabo Swinney at the Charlotte 2014 IPTAY meeting introducted a big inspiration to him and the Clemson football team, Richie Parker, a Clemson 2009 graduate.
Parker was born without arms to become a chassis and body component designer for Hendrick Motorsports.
He has never let people dictate how he lived his life: “When we were trying to figure out how I could modify a car, I was told by a few different people, 'Well, if there's a bus in your area, or if there are taxi cabs, then that's all you need to do. You just use that as your transportation.' But that just wasn't me,” Parker said.
Video courtesy: Clemsonfb
Here is Parker's inspiring SportsCenter feature that aired on July 21, 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story